I am a lawyer with Heuristica Discovery Counsel LLP (Ontario Bar 1985) whose practice is restricted to electronic discovery. I help clients avoid and resolve complex discovery disputes.
I am also Senior Adviser, Information Management, to the Canadian Judicial Council, and have served the Council as an advisor for over thirty years.
One of my passions is photography, which I am happy to share here.
Martin Felsky, PhD, JD
Avoid and resolve discovery disputes.
Lawyer, entrepreneur and consultant Martin Felsky has advised award-winning litigators, large global law firms and Fortune 100 corporations on their strategy and conduct of some of the most challenging e-discovery projects in the world. From contract cases turning on text messaging evidence, securities fraud, public inquiries to billion-dollar class actions with terabytes of data, Martin's level-headed, practical and legally sound advice has guided many clients to a successful outcome.
As discovery counsel Martin advises clients and can oversee every aspect of the process - from information governance, preservation and collection, processing, analysis, review and production. He negotiates favourable discovery plans with opposing parties and can also act as an independent mediator to resolve e-discovery disputes.
Martin has been recognized by his peers as a global thought leader in e-discovery.
Independence is tied to
1. Currently retained to advise eleven courts on information governance policy.
2. Senior Adviser, Information Management, to Canadian Judicial Council since 2019 and supporting the work of the Council's technology committees for more than 30 years.
3. Recently completed nine engagements from courts across Canada.
4. Author and contributor to many publications including the Blueprint for the Security of Court Information.
5. Speaker and educator at many judicial education programs for the National Judicial Institute and other organizations.